$200/slide (include basic resolution scanning)
Click the image to view whole slide scanning
Golgi-Cox impregnation has been one of the most effective techniques for studying both the normal and abnormal morphology of neurons as well as glia. Using the Golgi technique, subtle morphological alterations in neuronal dendrites and dendritic spines have been discovered in the brains of animals treated with drugs as well as in the postmortem brains of patients with neurological diseases. However, the reliability and time consuming process of Golgi staining have been major obstacles to the widespread application of this technique.
1. Rinse sections in double distilled or MilliQ water 2 times, 2 minutes each.
2. Place sections in a mixture consisting of 1 part Solution D, 1 part Solution E and 2 parts double distilled or Milli-Q water for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse sections in double distilled or Milli-Q water 2 times, 4 minutes each (distilled water should be renewed frequently).
4. Counterstain sections with cresyl violet or thionin (optional step).
5. Dehydrate sections in 50%, 75% and 95% ethanol, 4 minutes each (do not skip any step).
6. Dehydrate sections in absolute ethanol, 4 times, 4 minutes each (do not prolong).
7. Clear in xylene or xylene substitutes, 3 times, 4 minutes each, and coverslip in resinous mounting medium.